Crystalfontz CFA LCD Utilities
Part Number: CFA-Utilities
Intended UseThis software is designed for the following display modules: CFA632, CFA634, CFA533, CFA631, CFA633, CFA635, CFA735, CFA835 modules, and variations of them.
Download ContentsThis free software package contains:
- cftest - Demonstrates features of Crystalfontz Intelligent LCD modules.
- fw_send - Firmware update utility for CFAxxx modules
- fw_send_cmd - Firmware update utility for CFAxxx modules, command line version
- font_creator - Custom font creation utility for CFA835 modules
- video_encoder - Video encoding utility for CFA835 modules
- graphics_test - Graphical examples/testing for CFA835 modules
- bootloader_kick - Command line utility to put module into bootloader mode
- Demonstrates features of Crystalfontz Intelligent LCD modules.
- Allows experimenting with the LCD's command set.
- Example data may be copied from the display module's datasheet and pasted into the Command Window.
- Sends any binary code from 0 to 255.
- "Packet Debugger" shows a record of the commands sent and received.
- Demonstrates software techniques:
- Send and receive packets.
- Read fan RPM or set fan power.
- Display keystrokes.
- Set LCD contents.
- Supports speed of 1200 to 115200 baud.
- Software is supported under 32-bit and 64-bit Windows.
- Executable runs directly: no installation required. You can just delete it when you are done.
CFA835 Utility Features
- CFA835 Font Editor - The CFA835 Font Editor converts any windows font into the CFA835 font format. The editor creates CFA835 compatible custom font files using fonts available on the your PC. When the font file is loaded onto a microSD card inserted into the CFA835 card socket, the module can write custom font text to the display. The font converter and CFA835 support UTF8 and UTF16 (Unicode) fonts, allowing non-English (for example, Cyrillic, Asian, symbolic, etc.) font files to be created and displayed. Many font sizes, types, spacing, and other options are available.
- CFA835 Video Encoder - The Video Encoder converts common video format files into a video file that the CFA835 can play to the display. The video conversion uses MPlayer (a GNU-GPLv2 licensed open-source software) to create many single image files from the source video and then reassembles the image files into a CFA835 video file. Processing time depends on the source video file.
- CFA835 Graphic Test - This demonstration shows some of the graphical capabilities of the CFA835 by rendering an animated logo, clock, histogram, and scrolling text. Source code (C++, Qt 4.8 and created in QtCreator 2.5) is included in the utility package.
InstallationInstallation under Windows is straightforward.
Installation under Linux (Debian derivatives, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) should be performed using the command line: "apt install ./cfutils_20210803_XXX.deb"