We have Policies for that!
Selecting the Part You Need
We have complete specifications in each product's Datasheet. To ensure that a product will meet your requirements, please read its Datasheet, available in PDF format on every product page of our website. If you have any questions after that, we provide free technical support by email and phone. Our knowledgeable Technical Support team is based at our facilities in Spokane Valley, Washington, US.
Types of Orders: Standard or Special
Our return policy is different for "Standard" and "Special" orders.
- A "Standard Order" is a quantity of 100 or less for a product listed on our website.
- A "Special Order" is: (1) any quantity greater than 100, (2) any product not listed on our website, or (3) any customized product.
"Standard Orders" may be canceled up until the time the order has been processed. To find out if your order has been processed, please contact us. If your order has not yet processed, we will ask you to immediately email the cancellation request so that we have a written record of it.
"Special Orders" must always be paid in advance and may not be canceled.
Repair or Replacement for Defective Products
Products under warranty may be returned for repair or replacement. For more information on the warranty, please see our limited warranty. Before returning a product, you must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number.
If you have a product out of warranty that you would like repaired, please contact our Technical Support to discuss.
Returning Non-Defective Products
We will only consider return requests for "Standard Orders" when the request is made within 30 days of delivery. There is a restocking fee of 30% of the purchase price. You can avoid a restocking fee by reviewing your order confirmation to ensure the correct parts have been ordered. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
"Special Orders" that are not defective cannot be returned.
How to Return a Product
First request an RMA number using our RMA Form. We do not issue RMA numbers by phone or other means. To complete the form you will need the following information:
- Part number.
- Reason for return.
- Original invoice or order number.
- Contact information to send a repaired product or replacement (if needed):
- Company or individual name
- Complete shipping address
- Area code and phone number for expedited delivery
Submitting the request will create a ticket in our web-based support system. We will email you an invitation to login there so you may keep up with progress on your ticket. Our staff will then either issue an RMA number in the ticket, ask you for more information, or offer to help you resolve a technical problem so that the product does not need to be returned. You will need to login to the ticket system in order to view our responses and communicate with us on the ticket.
Once an RMA number is issued, it is valid for 15 working days. Issuance of an RMA number does not mean the return is approved, only that we will process the request in accordance with our return policy.
Products must arrive here in the same condition as when you received them. To protect your return, please review our guide on how to package LCD modules and electronics to prevent ESD and physical damage.
You are responsible for return shipping and insurance. Please make sure your RMA number is on the shipping label and on any documents you include with the product.
After we receive the product, we inspect it to determine the cause of any defect, then update your ticket with our findings. This process usually takes five business days.
RMA replacement products typically ship via tracked economy delivery. If you require faster shipping, please tell us in your ticket. We can charge you for the difference between a faster method and the standard economy delivery rate.
What is a Defined Part Number (DP)?
DP Part Number is a defined part – part number which has extra features from Crystalfontz standard product offerings and requires additional work to be added to get to customer requirements.
An individual DP PN once locked via customer approval can never be changed or revised.
Defined Part Agreement
- By approving the configuration of a Defined Part with CFA, the customer is acknowledging that they have reviewed the part configuration and pricing and agree to all.
- CFA requires a customer to purchase physical samples of the Defined Part (DP PN) for full functional review and approval prior to placing additional Purchase Orders for the purchase of the DP PN
- If the customer waives review of physical samples, they must indicate the waiver and approval of the agreed PN configuration in writing in the RT ticket for the DP number.
- Additionally, waiving of a physical sample review does not absolve the customer of ownership of any issues that come up with the receipt of future orders of the DP PN that such a review would have captured and resolved prior.
- If there is any level of change to any of the features specifically called out in the agreed upon and approved DP configuration, a new DP PN will need to be approved.
- The customer requesting, defining and approving the DP PN is the organization that CFA has the agreement on the PN configuration with. Any authorized Contract Manufacturers will not be allowed to request changes of any kind to the DP PN which would result in a new DP Part Number.
Next Steps after agreeing to DP Configuration and Pricing
- CFA Engineer will send the customer contact information where the customer can place the order for the samples parts.
- If the customer is waiving the sample part approval, they must
- Waive the sample part approval in writing within the DP PN RT ticket
- Indicate in writing within the DP PN RT ticket they are approving the DP PN Configuration and Pricing as has been stated.
- If requiring receipt of samples for approval, the customer places order for sample parts. Upon receipt and review, customer should either:
- State in writing within the DP ticket, their approval of the DP Configuration and Pricing based on their review of the sample parts. Or
- State in writing in the DP PN ticket the issues they encountered with the sample parts. At this time, the process will start again with Crystalfontz Engineer to refine the DP configuration with the customer and additional sample approval.
- For DP approval and lifetime management of the PN, CFA will also require the customer to identify the one individual who will represent the entire customer organization in giving approval of the DP PN.
- The identified individual authorized to give customer approval shall do so representing their organization and any subsequent Contract Manufacturers the customer authorizes to purchase this DP PN.
What is covered under warranty and for how long?
All products are covered under our limited warranty, which provides:
- All products are free of functional defects for a period of one year from the date of shipment.
- All products are free of visual defects and missing parts for a period of 30 days from the date of shipment.
If a product was damaged during shipping or the order is incorrect, you must notify us within 2 days of receipt.
What is not covered?
Warranty is void and no repair or replacement is granted under the following conditions:
- Evidence of mechanical stress to parts including but not limited to:
- Damaged or broken glass or touch screen.
- Damaged conductors/components.
- Damaged polarizer.
- Damaged mounting holes.
- Parts tampered with by grinding, engraving, drilling, cutting or applying coatings of any kind.
- Addition or removal of components.
- Evidence of damage caused by applying incorrect voltage.
- Evidence of damage caused by operating outside of specified temperature range.
- Evidence of damage caused by electrostatic discharge (ESD).
CAUTION: LCD module circuitry is industry standard CMOS logic and is susceptible to ESD damage. Please use industry standard antistatic precautions as you would for any other PCB, such as expansion cards or motherboards. To avoid damaging your LCD module, please read the "Care and Handling Precautions" section of your product's Datasheet, which you can find under the "Docs" tab of that product's page on our website.
What if I have a defective product under warranty?
We will, at our option, either (a) repair the product using new or refurbished parts, or (b) replace the product with a new or refurbished product. "Refurbished" means a component that has been returned to its original specifications. We do not give refunds, credit memos, or allow offsets against outstanding invoices.
How do I make a warranty claim?
For warranty service, you must begin by requesting a Return Material Authorization number (RMA).
Disclaimer of Unstated Warranties
The warranty described above is the only warranty applicable to our products. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED.
Limitation of Liability
CRYSTALFONTZ'S LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, UNDER ANY WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE PURCHASE PRICE PAID BY THE CUSTOMER. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL CRYSTALFONTZ BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
We ship worldwide from the State of Washington, United States. We ship via FedEx, UPS, and USPS. If you have your own carrier account, we can ship your order using that account.
During checkout, you may use the "Use my shippping account" option and select your carrier and provide your account information. If you'd like to ship with a carrier other than UPS, FedEx, or DHL, a $25.00 handling fee will be applied. This includes freight forwarders.
We offer USPS for orders less than $100 or FedEx for all others.
All shipments are insured unless the customer requests that it not be insured using the "Special Instructions" field or the "Do Not Insure" checkbox when using your own shipping account number.
Most orders placed by 2pm Eastern Time (11am Pacific) Monday through Friday will be shipped the same day. Orders placed after that ship the following business day. Our company holiday schedule may delay shipping and technical support services. Shipments may also be delayed by address errors or package re-routing.
Charge for Packages Returned or Rerouted
In addition to the original shipping cost, we charge you for packages returned to us or that require rerouting when caused by your error (for example, providing an incorrect shipping address) or refusal of a package.
A shipping cost estimate is displayed during online checkout based on the "Ship to" address you provide. If that estimate is significantly higher than the actual cost determined after your order is packed, we will notify you by email and wait for your approval before shipping. If significantly lower, we will reduce your shipping charge. If you would like a FedEx "Saturday Delivery" for an additional fee of $10.00, please use the "Special Instructions" field of checkout to request it.
Typical shipping charges for small orders (one pound or less) to Europe range from $30.00 to $70.00 depending on the country, and $24.00 to Canada (both International Priority). The same package shipping within the US would range from $10 for Ground to $40 for Overnight.
Delivery Signature Options
US Business Addresses: We use the FedEx shipping option "Direct Signature Required" (no fee). If you wish to change this (for example, "Hold at FedEx Location"), please contact FedEx directly. If you choose the "Deliver Without a Signature" option, neither we nor FedEx will refund or replace lost or damaged items.
US Residential Addresses (including home-based business): We use the FedEx shipping option "Delivery Without Signature." If you prefer a signature to be required, please read about those options on the FedEx website and request it from us in the "Special Instructions" field during online checkout. Fees vary.
Exports / All Addresses Outside US: We ship via FedEx International Priority with "Signature Required" for all locations.
Customs and Import Duties
Customs fees and import duties for exports are your responsibility. We cannot predict or prepay these fees. We will charge you for any duties or customs fees erroneously charged to us. We mark our customs forms with Trade Code 8531.20.0020 (for LCD's) and 8544.42.2900 (for Cables). We will not mark a package as a "gift" or falsify values.
For all payment methods, if there is any problem, we will email or call you.
Inside the US
- Purchase Order (PO)
If we approve your credit application, you may place a PO with "net 30" terms, except for "Special Orders," which require advanced payment. Late fees may be charged on balances more than 30 days overdue.
Please send your PO in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot create a PDF, please send an OpenOffice (.ODT), Microsoft Word (.DOC), or Microsoft Excel (.XLS) document. Or, fax to (509) 892-1203.
Changes or cancellations of POs must be in writing and be received within 1 week of the date we received the original PO.
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards
- Check or money order
- Bank wire transfer (add $35.00 wire fee)
- ACH electronic fund transfer
Outside the US
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards
- Bank Wire Transfer (add US$35.00 wire fee)
Stock levels are based on an item's sales history. We fill most small quantity orders immediately. Backorder notices with estimated availability dates are updated on our website daily. If an item goes out of stock after you order it, we will contact you. For large quantity orders, please call or email us to check availability. Some items may require 60 to 90 days lead time.
Orders over 500 pieces require 50% advance payment.
Orders over 1000 pieces require 100% advance payment.
Products ship directly from our Spokane Valley, Washington, U.S. facilities.
We offer quantity discounts and allow two ship dates for a single order within a 60-day timeframe. For example, an order of 500 pieces with instructions to ship half now and half next month will qualify for the 500 piece quantity discount price.
We understand the importance of engineering samples but to keep our pricing as low as possible we do not offer them for free. Instead, we offer single piece ordering to accommodate our customers' needs for design purposes.
Prices are listed in US Dollars and are subject to change without notice.
If your shipping address is within the State of Washington, we will charge state sales tax unless you provide a current reseller permit.
Last Update: 05/08/2018
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We do not share your personal information with outside parties except as is necessary to process your order and when required by law. The personal information is transmitted securely using industry standard e-commerce security technology known as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
Users outside the U.S.
Transfer of Data
Types of Personal Information We Collect
To process an order we require your name, shipping address, billing address, email address, phone number, and payment information. A fax number is optional. We keep a history of your transactions. We do not store payment information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your email address only to send order confirmation and shipping information, to reply to emails that you send us, and for opt-in mailing lists (such as Parts Change Notifications or Newsletters) to which you may subscribe (or unsubscribe). We contact you only if a question arises regarding your orders or to give you information relating to your orders or to provide technical support.
As is done with most websites, when you visit our website, we ask your browser to store a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive. This cookie allows us to distinguish you from other visitors to our site making it possible for us to assist your website navigation, track items in your shopping cart, and remember information so you don't have to re-enter it. Our third party service providers also collect information about your computer, such as the browser, operating system, IP address, country and other geolocation data, date and time of visit, whether you are using a mobile device, referring websites, the search engine queries you used to get to the Web Site, the pages of the Web Site you visit and your activities on the Web Site such as what images, videos, or other embedded media you view, as well as the amount of time spent on the website pages, and the number of pages visited. This information is used for a variety of purposes to improve our website and its content, including without limitation to gather broad demographic data, identify trends and statistics, help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the website and its content. To order online, your browser must accept our cookie. By modifying your browser preferences, you may have the choice to accept cookies, to be notified when a cookie is sent, or to reject cookies. The rejection or limitation of cookies by your browser will limit your ability to use our website.
Third-Party Service Providers
Crystalfontz uses a variety of third-party services to help provide our services, to help us measure the use of those services, provide information and advertising regarding our Website, products, and services. Third-party services providers may include, but are not limited to third party web analytics services, online-chat, and a variety of third party social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. These third-party service providers may collect, store, and share information as further dictated by the privacy policies of those third parties.
General information regarding opt-out from interest-based advertising from companies belonging to the Network Advertising Initiative can be found here: http://optout.networkadvertising.org and information regarding opting out through the Digital Advertising Alliance can be found here: http://optout.aboutads.info.
Web Beacons - We may employ Web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs), which are customized links or similar technologies, on our website and when sending you messages, newsletters, or promotional emails or in using third-party service providers. Web beacons allow us to (a) determine whether you have opened, or acted upon a promotional email and which links you have clicked on to deliver to you more focused communications and other content; (b) allow us to count the number of users who have visited certain webpages and effectively deliver services; and (c) enable us to compile aggregated statistics and determine the efficacy of promotions by using Web beacons from third parties.
Children's Privacy and Note to Parents and Guardians
Contact Crystalfontz America
Crystalfontz America, Inc.
12412 East Saltese Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99216-0357
United States of America