Disclaimer: We do not recommend connecting CFAH* series displays to a PC's parallel port as an "end product". The CFAH* series displays are not "user friendly" and connecting them to a PC's parallel port is often difficult, frustrating, and can result in a "dead" display due to mishandling. The CFAH* series displays are intended to be designed into a finished product by an engineer--they are not designed to be a PC accessory. That being said, there will still be plenty of hardware hackers that will do it because it can be done, and connecting the display to a parallel port can be a handy way to test or evaluate the displays. While we do not offer support for connecting the CFAH* series displays to a PC's parallel port, we do think that this utility will make the task of debugging your circuit much easier. Use at your own risk--this is entirely unsupported software.
Part Number: CFAH WinTest
- This is an unsupported product, but you may download the full source code below.
- Each control and data bit of the cable can be individually set high or low. This feature is helpful in debugging cables connected to a PC's parallel port.
- Initializes a CFAH* series display using either "8-bit" or "4-bit" mode.
- Allows you to change the initialization the message shown on the LCD.
- Supports port addresses of: 0x378, 0x278, 0x3BC.
- 32-bit Windows 9x/NT/2K/XP compatible program.
- Easy: Copy the contents of the "executable" zip file to a directory double-click on "CFAH_WinTest.exe" to run it. No changes are made to your registry, to "uninstall" just delete the files. Before running CFAH_WinTest, NT/2K/XP users must first install port95nt, a port I/O driver from Scientific Software Tools.