This part has been discontinued by Crystalfontz, but you may find a compatible alternative at Newegg.
This sleek and compact USB to RS232 converter will connect any RS232 peripheral to your computer through a USB port. The USB232A works great with our Intelligent Serial Displays. It simply appears to your software as the next serial port (COM2 or COM3, for instance). It installs in seconds and frees your computer's RS232 ports for other uses.
The USB232A is supplied in full retail packaging and includes the driver on a mini CD. Features include:
- Supports the RS232 Serial interface
- USB Specification v1.1 compliant
- Supports baud rates from 1200 to 115.2 kbps.
- Easy Installation
- Works with any RS232 device or DB-9 male connector: cellular phones, PDAs, digital cameras, modems, ISDN terminal adapters and others.
- Frees your RS232 ports for other uses
- Supports Windows? 98/2000/ME/XP/Vista/7 as well as Linux and MacOS.
This converter has a male DB9 RS232 connector, just like a PC's serial port. Either our WRPWRY02, WR232Y04, WR232Y07 or equivalent will be required to allow it to connect to one of our serial displays.
The most up to date driver for the Prolific PL-2303 chip used in this cable should also be available from the chip manufacturer.