240x400 3" Full Color TFT LCD
Part Number: CFAF240400D-030T
This 3.0" diagonal, 240x400 pixel, full RGB color graphic TFT display module boasts a 38.88mm x 64.80mm active area.
- Four parallel interface modes are available: 8-bit, 9-bit, 16-bit or 18-bit.
- The integrated Orise OTM4001A 720-channel 6-bit source driver or compatible controller, allows a single 3.3v supply for both power supply and logic.
- The 12:00 o'clock viewing direction (polarizer viewing direction) is ideal for products viewed at or below eye level.
- Measuring 45.03 x 77.00 millimeters overall with the FPC folded, you can mount this display in portrait or landscape orientation.
- In portrait orientation, the narrow width of this TFT works well with portable, handheld, or embedded systems.
- In landscape orientation, the low profile of this TFT may be used for the user interface of 2U+ rack mount devices or in benchtop laboratory equipment such as power supplies, meters, and signal generators.
- For mass production, the display's tab makes fast and easy connection possible using a hot bar soldering machine.
- Temperature operation is from -20°C to +70°C.
Questions? Contact our Technical Support Team for help.
|Column Dots x Row Dots||240 x 400|
|*width / height does not include Foldable Tab|
|View Direction||0.5 o'clock|
|Supply Voltage for Logic Minimum||2.4V|
|Supply Voltage for Logic Maximum||4.2V|
|Supply Voltage for Logic Typical||3.3V|
|Module Connector Pitch||0.8mm|
Backlight Electrical Specifications
|Forward Voltage Typical||3.2V|
|Forward Current Typical||60mA|
|Controller Documents||Orise Tech OTM4001A|
Orise Tech OTM4001A 720-channel 6-bit source driver with system-on-chip for color amorphous TFT-LCDs
|Interface||16-bit Parallel, 18-bit Parallel, 8-bit Parallel, 9-bit Parallel|
As an option, you can order this TFT pre-assembled onto a breakout/carrier board. The board allows easy prototyping through its 0.1" headers. You can also include the carrier board in your end product to simplify construction and assembly. The carrier board contains a constant-current switching LED driver. The PCB is sized to fit neatly within the outline of the display.
This kit is available with or without standoffs in the four mounting holes. The standoffs allows the carrier board to be mounted using any 2-56 style screw. The standoffs are 3mm deep to ensure sturdy mounting points.
Part Change Notice
Subscribe to Part Change Notices by email or RSS
Product Update #11009: End-Of-Life Notification
Part Change Notice #10981: End-Of-Life Notification for CFAF240400D-030T
Product Update #10857: Update to PUN #10842: Functional change the BL (Pin 29)
Product Update #10842: CFA10075 replacing 2BM-10005
Product Update #10335: Change in TFT part numbers
This module is engineered for high volume production. It uses a "TAB" (tape automated bonding) or "COF" (chip on flex) style flex tail. The TAB connector is soldered directly to corresponding pads on your PCB using a hot-bar soldering machine. High volume contract manufacturers will be familiar with this type of construction and its assembly methods. Hot-bar soldering machines designed for prototype, rework or repair of TAB connections are available from equipment suppliers at reasonable cost. The TAB style connection requires no separate connector, so the cost is very low, and the ultra thin profile of the display is maintained.