Crystalfontz is pleased to announce a new line of 128 x 32 OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) displays as part of our product catalog. These displays are compact in size and feature a high resolution 128×32 graphic display.
Quick Start Guide – What You Need to Know
1) These displays are small and thin. You can put them in places where more traditional display technologies simply would not fit. Less than half an inch tall, less than one and a quarter inches wide, and less than an eighth of an inch thick.
2) With 128 x 32 pixels, they can show a lot of information. Text, bar graphs, icons, logos . . . anything you can imagine in 128 x 32 pixels can be shown on this compact display.
3) Easy to integrate. The ZIF version supports either SPI or I2C and since it uses a standard SMT ZIF connector, there is no need to purchase special soldering equipment or add a special assembly process. The FPC mates with a 12-pin ZIF connector which can be processed through your normal SMT reflow.
Special Product Notes
I2C and SPI only modules:
- The CFAL12832D-CW (white) or CFAL12832D-CY (yellow) = I2C only connection
- The CFAL12832D-PW (white) or CFAL12832D-PY (yellow) = SPI only connection
These module connectors are engineered for high volume production. They feature a “TAB” (tape automated bonding) or “COF” (chip on flex) style flex tail mated with a thin display.
The TAB connector must soldered directly to corresponding pads on your PCB using a hot-bar soldering machine, or bonded with anisotropic adhesive using heat and pressure. High volume contract manufacturers will be familiar with this type of construction and its assembly methods.
Modules featuring ZIF connectors
Quick and easy. The FPC mates with a 12-pin ZIF connector which can be processed through your normal SMT reflow. There is no need to purchase special soldering equipment or add a special assembly process.