800x480 TFT with Graphic Accelerator Board
This is a revolutionary new 5", 800x480 TFT
that boasts high-brightness, sunlight readability. It's based around an FTDI/BridgeTek FT813 Embedded Video Engine (EVE
). All display, touch sensing, backlight control and audio features are controlled via the Embedded Video Engine which appears to the host MCU as a memory-mapped SPI
device. The host MCU sends commands and data over the EVE SPI serial protocol.
For detailed information on the Embedded Video Engine, please see the FTDI FT81x Datasheet
Further information including programming examples, interface design software, and more can be found on FTDI’s website here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm
TFT Display Module Features
- 5-inch 800x480 sunlight readable TFT LCD
- 5-point capacitive touch sensing screen
- FTDI/BridgeTek FT813 EVE graphics accelerator
- SPI Single or Quad host interface
- Compact 30-position 0.5mm flat-cable ZIF host connection
- Threaded mounting standoffs for simple mechanical design
- Compact form-factor, overall size is no larger than LCD
- Single +3.3V power supply (backlight supply can be 3.3v to 6v)
- Bright 1000 cd/m2 backlight allows reading in sunlight
EVE Graphics Accelerator Features
Need a complete Arduino/Seeeduino development kit that included this display, breakout board and Seeeduino v4.2 controller? You might consider our CFAF800480E0-050SC-A1-2.
- Support multiple widgets for simplified design implementation
- User interface design software (PC) simplifies the design process
- Hardware engine can recognize touch tags and track touch movement
- Enhanced sketch processing
- Anti-aliasing of primitive displayed objects for higher-quality graphics
- Assorted graphical effects such as alpha-blending, shadows, transitions, wipes, etc.
- Programmable interrupt controller provides interrupts to host MCU
- Support playback of motion-JPEG encoded AVI videos
- Mono audio channel output with wave playback and built-in sound synthesizer
- PWM output for display backlight dimming control
Driving a Hi-Def TFT with Arduino SPI + FTDI EVE
In this video, we're demonstrating driving a 800x480 5" TFT with an Seeeduino (Arduino UNO Clone with 3.3v / 5v switch) and the help of our CFA10100 EVE accelerated board.
Arduino EVE FT813 Demos
We're demonstrating our 800x480 5" Capacitive Touchscreen TFT powered with an Seeeduino/Arduino UNO clone, using the FTDI EVE.