XE634 USB LCD 20x4 External Enclosure, Yellow/Green LED Backlight, FSTN Positive, Transflective -20°C to +70°C 6:00 viewing angle, Includes 9' black low-drop captive USB "A" cable
These external modules are extremely rugged and well-suited for dusty or damp locations. They are splash-resistant and resistant to dust.
The outline of the case is very compact compared to the size of the display, only slightly larger than the bare module.
These are perfect for use in a wall-mounted or desktop application, since the display can be mounted at eye-level. With the addition of a simple metal bracket, the XE634 can form the bulk of a POS pole mounted display.
USB Interface: The USB interface version of the XE634 has the full feature set of the serial interface CFA634, but allows connection to a USB port, using only a single cable for both power and data. Full compatibility with existing software is preserved by using our "Virtual COM port" driver. Connect the display, install the driver, and your computer will show an additional COM port any time the display is connected.
- FSTN (Film compensated Super Twisted Nematic) LCD glass. FSTN gives better contrast, faster response, and makes an all-around more readable display than STN.
- Bright, even, software-adjustable LED backlight.
- The display has the ability to store a customized boot screen of your design in its EEPROM. All features of the display are controlled: characters displayed, user-definable characters, backlight setting, contrast setting, cursor position, cursor style, "wrap" setting, "scroll" setting, and even the scrolling marquee.
- Terminal style automatic scrolling and line wrapping, controlled in software. Unique "Scrolling Marquee" feature continuously scrolls a message across the display without host intervention.
- Enhanced CGROM version with many useful characters: numeric superscripts, icons, mathematical symbols, some fractions, a great variety of arrows, many currency symbols, and more.
- The processor's reset circuit can handle a wide range of slow-turn-on power supply conditions.
- Negative voltage for contrast generated on board.
- Large, easy-to-read characters are 7.3 mm (0.287") high
- Large display area in a compact 144 mm x 69 mm (5.67" x 2.72") package.
- Wide temperature
- "Gapless" horizontal bar graphs.
- Buffered communication.
- Single board construction. No connectors to fail.
- RoHS compliant.