This product is discontinued and has been replaced by CFA533-YYH-KC
Part Number: CFA533-YYH-KI
CFA533-YYH-KI 16x2 I2C Serial Character LCD Display Module with keypad and yellow-green LED backlight
- Wide power supply voltage range (VDD = +3.3v to +5.5v) is perfect for embedded systems.
- Contrast and backlights are fully compensated over the supply voltage range. No adjustments are needed to the contrast setting or backlight brightness over the full range of power supply input voltage.
- Only a single supply is needed.
- Robust packet based communications protocol with 16-bit CRC.
- Compact size: fits in a 1U rack mount case (35mm overall height).
- Advanced digital GPIO control with PWM output.
- Integrated LED backlit 6-button translucent silicon keypad with screened legend.
- Available in a 5.25" half-height LCD drive bay kit.
- ATX power supply control functionality allows the buttons on the CFA-533 to replace the "power" and "reset" buttons on your system, simplifying your front panel design
- Temperature monitoring: up to 32 channels at up to 0.5 deg C absolute accuracy. Ready-to-use WRDOWY17 Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire temperature sensors are optional. Alternatively, you can create your own sensors using DS1822 or DS18B20 parts and the tutorial on creating temperature sensors.
- Non-volatile memory (EEPROM) capability: Customize the "power-on" display settings plus a 16-byte "scratch" register for storing IP, netmask, system serial number, etc.
Part Change Notice
Subscribe to Part Change Notices by email
Part Change Notice #10658: Deprecation of "Drive Bay Kit Configurator" / New part numbers for drive bay kits.
||CFA631-RMF-KU, CFA633-YYB-KS, CFA633-TMC-KS, CFA633-RMC-KS, CFA633-YYB-KU, CFA633-TMC-KU, CFA633-RMC-KU, CFA635-YYE-KS, CFA635-TMF-KS, CFA635-TFE-KS, CFA635-TMF-KL, CFA635-TFE-KL, CFA631-TMF-KU, CFA635-TFE-KU, CFA635-YYE-KL, CFA635-TMF-KU, CFA635-YYE-KU, CFA533-YYH-KS, CFA533-YYH-KU, CFA533-TMI-KS, CFA533-TMI-KU, CFA533-YYH-KL, CFA533-TMI-KL, CFA533-YYH-KC, CFA533-TMI-KC, CFA533-TMI-KI, CFA533-YYH-KI, CFA633-YYH-KS, CFA633-TMI-KS, CFA633-YYH-KU, CFA633-TMI-KU, CFA632-YFH-KS, CFA632-YDI-KS, CFA632-YFH-KU, CFA632-YDI-KU, CFA634-TFH-KS, CFA634-TMI-KS, CFA634-YFH-KS, CFA634-YDI-KS, CFA634-TFH-KU, CFA634-TMI-KU, CFA634-YFH-KU, CFA634-YDI-KU, CFA633-RDI-KU, CFA633-RDI-KS, CFA533-TFH-KU, CFA533-TFH-KS, CFA633-TFH-KU, CFA633-TFH-KS, CFA533-TFH-KL, CFA533-TFH-KC, CFA735-TFK-KR, CFA735-TFK-KT, CFA735-TML-KR, CFA735-TML-KT, CFA735-YYK-KR, CFA735-YYK-KT, CFA632-YDI-KL, CFA632-YDI-KN, CFA632-YDI-KC, CFA632-YDI-KP, CFA632-YFH-KL, CFA632-YFH-KN, CFA632-YFH-KC, CFA632-YFH-KP, CFA634-YDI-KC, CFA634-TMI-KC, CFA634-YFH-KC, CFA634-TFH-KC, CFA634-YFH-KL, CFA634-TFH-KL, CFA634-TMI-KL, CFA634-YDI-KL, CFA634-TFH-KP, CFA634-YFH-KP, CFA634-TMI-KP, CFA634-YDI-KP, CFA634-TFH-KN, CFA634-YFH-KN, CFA634-TMI-KN, CFA634-YDI-KN, CFA631P-TMF-KU|
||July 1, 2015|
||Deprecation of "Drive Bay Kit Configurator" / New part numbers for drive bay kits.|
||Starting August 1, 2015 the "Drive Bay Kit Configurator" located at https://www.crystalfontz.com/products/select_kit.html will no longer be functional for ordering one of our Serial or USB displays (CFA533, CFA631, CFA632, CFA633, CFA634, CFA635, and CFA735) in a bracket or SLED. This functionality is being moved to the Customize and Add to Cart process when checking out. This will allow for further customization by our customers to better fit their needs.|
This change will eliminate the current "kits", but will add options not previously available such as pre-configured ATX functionality, and ALL the currently available interfaces will be orderable in a drive bay bracket or SLED.
The new part numbers will have the bracket / SLED and overlay type as a PREFIX to the configured part number. The choice for bracket / SLED to a display order will be via the cart options. Our CFA835 displays were introduced with these configuration options.
To see how the new options will look, and what the new part numbers will look like, please see one of our CFA835 parts:
NOTE: The SLED is only available for the CFA635, CFA735, and CFA835 products.
||As part of our continuous improvement process, we are integrating the ordering of displays in drive bay and SLED kits as part of the display ordering process.|
||Drive bay kits in their current configuration will no longer be available. |
||Place orders prior to 2015-08-01 for upcoming production needs via our website or by contacting our logistics department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 1-888-206-9720 (International call +1-509-892-1200). |
After the 2015-08-01, please contact our engineering department via email@example.com to assist you with ordering your bracket / SLED kits.
||Starting 2015-08-01, the bracket and SLED options for our serial and USB display will be part of the ordering process for the displays|
||Pricing bracket / SLED configurations will reflect manufacturing costs.|
Part Change Notice #10351: CFA533 family hardware revision v1.1
||CFA533-YYH-KS, CFA533-YYH-KU, CFA533-TMI-KS, CFA533-TMI-KU, CFA533-YYH-KL, CFA533-TMI-KL, CFA533-YYH-KC, CFA533-TMI-KC, CFA533-TMI-KI, CFA533-YYH-KI, CFA533-TFH-KU, CFA533-TFH-KS, CFA533-TFH-KL, CFA533-TFH-KC|
||August 2, 2011|
||CFA533 family hardware revision v1.1|
||The CFA533 v1.1 hardware changes are as follows:|
- New inductor package for backlight control circuit. This is being done to improve the manufacturabilty of the CFA533.
- Addition of JPGPIO1. This jumper will be closed by default and bypasses a 5KΩ pull-up resistor that is in line with GPIO to the micro-controller.
- Improved Yellow-green backlight for the YYH variants. The backlight now has a total of 10 yellow-green LEDs instead of 6. This improves the visual quality and appearance of the LCD backlight. Typical weight will increase to 43g, from 41g for the CFA533 YYH variants.
||As part of our continuous improvement process, the CFA533 family is being revised to hardware v1.1. This was done based on customer feedback to improve the functionality and appearance of the CFA533 family.|
||Hardware v1.1 should be a drop in replacement for most applications. No form or fit changes have been implemented.|
The exception may be with the YYH variants. Due to the increased number of yellow-green LEDs in the LCD backlight, the current profile of these variants has increased.
||Participate in discounted pricing for first run CFA533 v1.1 hardware based modules through September 30, 2011.|
- First run CFA533 v1.1 hardware based modules and datasheet will be available for customer qualification / in-house approval on August 8, 2011 through September 30, 2011 for a maximum quantity of three at the currently published 50 piece price.
- Volume shipment end of Q3 2011
- Shipments of v1.0 hardware will continue until inventory levels exhausted.
- Full transition to v1.1 hardware expected by end of Q4 2011.
||No price change is scheduled at this time. Pricing will be reviewed Q1 2012.|
Part Change Notice #10291: Technical Bulletin TB01: Comparison of CFA533 and CFA633 Modules by Version Number
||CFA633-YYB-KS, CFA633-TMC-KS, CFA633-YYB-KU, CFA633-TMC-KU, CFA633-RMC-KU, CFA533-YYH-KS, CFA533-YYH-KU, CFA533-TMI-KS, CFA533-TMI-KU, CFA533-YYH-KL, CFA533-TMI-KL, CFA533-YYH-KC, CFA533-TMI-KC, CFA533-TMI-KI, CFA533-YYH-KI, CFA633-YYH-KS, CFA633-TMI-KS, CFA633-YYH-KU, CFA633-TMI-KU, CFA633-RDI-KU, CFA633-RDI-KS|
||November 10, 2010|
||Technical Bulletin TB01: Comparison of CFA533 and CFA633 Modules by Version Number|
||The attached PDF file describes differences between our CFA633 v1.5x and CFA633 v2.0 intelligent display module series. We also list the CFA533 series as a comparison for customers who do not require the fan control available in the CFA633 series. Hardware version numbers are silk screened on the back of the PCBs.|
Additional information can be found in supporting documents for PCN:
||Clarify the differences between the different modules.|
Part Change Notice #10282: Keypad height change
||CFA633-YYB-KS, CFA633-TMC-KS, CFA633-RMC-KS, CFA633-YYB-KU, CFA633-TMC-KU, CFA633-RMC-KU, CFA635-YYE-KS, CFA635-TMF-KS, CFA635-TFE-KS, CFA635-TMF-KL, CFA635-TFE-KL, CFA635-TFE-KU, CFA635-YYE-KL, CFA635-TMF-KU, CFA635-YYE-KU, CFA533-YYH-KS, CFA533-YYH-KU, CFA533-TMI-KS, CFA533-TMI-KU, CFA533-YYH-KL, CFA533-TMI-KL, CFA533-YYH-KC, CFA533-TMI-KC, CFA533-TMI-KI, CFA533-YYH-KI|
||June 6, 2010|
||Keypad height change|
||Over the next 6 months or so, we will be transitioning to a keypad that is 1.5mm taller than the keypad currently shipping on these modules.|
||We have found that in all cases that we are aware of, the keypad being 1.5mm taller will alleviate some customer difficulties.|
||If you need the keypad to remain the same height for your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can set aside some of the shorter keypads for your company's application.|
Part Change Notice #10015: Change in CFA-533 I2C part number.
||CFA533-YYH-KC, CFA533-TMI-KC, CFA533-TMI-KI, CFA533-YYH-KI|
||August 4, 2009|
||Change in CFA-533 I2C part number.|
||CFA533-TMI-KI changed to CFA533-TMI-KC|
CFA533-YYH-KI changed to CFA533-YYH-KC
||KI as a suffix indicating I2C was sometimes confused with KL. We will now use KC as a suffix to indicate I2C|
||Part number change only.|
||Please update your part numbers for I2C parts as follows:|
CFA533-TMI-KI is now CFA533-TMI-KC
CFA533-YYH-KI is now CFA533-YYH-KC
||No change to availability.|
||No change to price.|