800x480 EVE Development Platform
This is a complete development kit for the CFAF800480E1-050SC. It includes a high-end 800x480 TFT, an EVE graphic accelerator board, an adapter board, and a Seeduino. This kit has everything you need to start developing with the FTDI/Bridgetek FT813 / EVE (Embeddeded Video Engine) platform.
This kit includes everything that the CFAF800480E1-050SC-A1-1 PLUS a Seeeduino V4.2 and breakout board pre-configured and ready to demonstrate.
This bundle boasts a revolutionary new 5", 800x480 TFT with sunlight readable high-brightness, in-plane switching for viewing at any angle, and capacitive touch. This module also has an FTDI/BridgeTek FT813 Embedded Video Engine (EVE) integrated. This means the display, touch sensing, backlight, and audio features are all controlled via the EVE. The MCU appears to be hosted as a memory-mapped SPI device. The host MCU sends commands and data over the EVE SPI serial protocol. The included breakout board makes it simple to wire to the controller of your choice, it also includes audio outputs via pluggable terminals. Plus, the Seeeduino (a 3.3v Arduino clone) comes ready to show off. All you have to do is plug in the flex cable, hook up some power, and enjoy your new display.
For detailed information on the EVE, please see the FTDI FT81x Datasheet.
Further information including programming examples, interface design software, and more can be found on FTDI’s website here: https://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Utilities.htm
TFT Display Module Features:
- 5-inch 800x480 TFT LCD with in-plane switching for viewing at any angle
- Sunlight readable at 800 nits
- 5-point capacitive touch sensing screen
- FTDI/BridgeTek FT813 EVE graphics accelerator
- Single +3.3V power supply (backlight supply van be 3.3v to 6v)
- Threaded mounting standoffs for simple mechanical design
EVE Graphics Accelerator Features
- Support multiple widgets for simplified design implementation
- User interface design software (PC) simplifies the design process
- Hardware engine can recognize touch tags and track touch movement
- Enhanced sketch processing
- Anti-aliasing of primitive displayed objects for higher-quality graphics
- Assorted graphical effects such as alpha-blending, shadows, transitions, wipes, etc.
- Programmable interrupt controller provides interrupts to host MCU
- Support playback of motion-JPEG encoded AVI videos
- Mono audio channel output with wave playback and built-in sound synthesizer
- PWM output for display backlight dimming control