20x4 Character RS232 Display Module
Part Number: CFA735-TFK-KT
Part of the CFA735 family of intelligent display modules, the CFA735-TFK-KT can make a powerful and customizable addition to your product. With an attractive stainless-steel bezel, six-button keypad, GPIOs, LEDs, and memory this module can leverage the command set supported by Crystalfontz to display system status information, receive user input via the keypad, monitor temperatures and control fans using the optional FBSCAB, replace a systems power-on and power-off buttons, and much more. Alternately, write custom firmware for the onboard STM32F401 microcontroller.
Crystalfontz offers a range of intelligent displays. Unsure which display to choose? Compare all of our intelligent display modules.
The CFA735 modules include an STM32F401 microcontroller and use a buck-boost switching supply to allow for a wide supply voltage range which makes these modules perfect for use in embedded systems. The CFA735-TFK-KT supports USB communication as well as RS232 serial (-5v to +5v). The two interfaces can be used simultaneously to communicate with two different host systems.
The display on this module is a 20x4 character display with a light background and dark font. For similar module with a graphic display, see the CFA835-TFK. The CFA735 family is designed to fit into a 1U rackmount case. Options for mounting brackets can be seen by clicking "Customize and add to Cart."
- LED backlit 20x4 character LCD
- FSTN Positive
- 12:00 viewing direction (best from above)
- White Backlight
- LCD characters are contiguous in both X and Y directions allowing "gapless" bar graphs
- Integrated 6-button translucent silicon keypad
- Screened legend on keys
- LED backlit (white)
- Fully decoded keypad: any key combination is valid and unique
- Four bicolor (red + green) LEDs
- LED brightness is software controllable and allows mixing the LEDs to produce intermediary colors (yellow, amber, etc.)
- USB and RS232
- Includes CFARS-232 daughter board for Full-Swing serial communications.
- Robust packet based communications protocol with 16-bit CRC.
- Compact size: fits in a 1U rack mount case (37.5mm overall height)
- Non-volatile memory capability ("EEPROM"):
- Customize the "power-on" display and LED settings.
- 16-byte "scratch" register for storing IP, netmask, system serial number
- Run STM32 embedded applications on the CFA735 hardware using our open source firmware as a starting point
- Cables for connecting to a variety of host systems
- ATX power supply control functionality allows the buttons on the CFA735 to replace the "power" and "reset" buttons on host system, simplifying front panel design
- System Cooling Accessory Board (FBSCAB) for controlling fans and reading temperature sensors
- SLED or drive bay bracket for mounting into a system
Our CFA835-TFK is the exact same hardware, with graphic capabilities and direct access to the SD Card.
Currently Shipping: HW Version 2v0, FW Version 1v6
(Hardware 2.0, Firmware 1.3)
(Datasheet V 2012-02-03)
(Datasheet V 2012-10-12, Hardware 1v0, Firmware 0vB)
(Datasheet V 0v9 Preliminary, Hardware 0v9, Firmware 0v9)
(Hardware 1.7, Firmware 1.2)
(Hardware 1.3, Firmware 1.2)
|Characters x Lines||20 x 4|
|*depth doesn't include Keypad|
|Glass Type/Glass Color||FSTN/Light Gray|
|View Direction||12 o'clock|
|Background Color||Light Gray|
|Supply Voltage for Logic Maximum||5.5V|
|Module Connector Pitch||2.54mm|