20x4 Character RS232 Display
Part Number: CFA735-TML-KT
The CFA735 family of modules are intelligent character LCDs. Using the command set supported by Crystalfontz, this display module can be used to display system status information, receive user inputs with the keypad, monitor temperatures and control fans using the optional FBSCAB, replace a systems power-on and power-off buttons, and much more. With a stainless-steel bezel, six-button keypad, GPIOs, LEDs, and memory this module makes a great addition to a front panel, and is a reliable and adaptable interface between a user and your product.
Crystalfontz offers a range of intelligent displays. Unsure which display to choose? Compare all of our intelligent display modules.
The CFA735 modules include an STM32F401 microcontroller and use a buck-boost switching supply to allow for a wide supply voltage range which makes these modules perfect for use in embedded systems. The CFA735-TML-KT supports USB communication as well as RS232 serial (-5v to +5v). The two interfaces can be used simultaneously to communicate with two different host systems.
The display on this module is a 20x4 character display with a dark blue background and white font. For similar module with a graphic display, see the CFA835-TML. The CFA735 family is designed to fit into a 1U rack mount case. Options for mounting brackets can be seen by clicking "Customize and add to Cart."
- LED backlit 20x4 character LCD
- Integrated 6-button translucent silicon keypad
- Screened legend on keys
- LED backlit (blue)
- Fully decoded keypad: any key combination is valid and unique
- Four bicolor (red + green) LEDs
- LED brightness is software controllable and allows mixing the LEDs to produce intermediary colors (yellow, amber, etc.)
- USB and RS232 serial communications
- Robust packet based communications protocol with 16-bit CRC.
- Compact size: fits in a 1U rack mount case (37.5mm overall height)
- Non-volatile memory capability ("EEPROM"):
- Customize the "power-on" display and LED settings.
- 16-byte "scratch" register for storing IP, netmask, system serial number
- Run STM32 embedded applications on the CFA735 hardware using our open source firmware as a starting point
- Cables for connecting to a variety of host systems
- ATX power supply control functionality allows the buttons on the CFA735 to replace the "power" and "reset" buttons on host system, simplifying front panel design
- System Cooling Accessory Board (FBSCAB) for controlling fans and reading temperature sensors
- SLED or drive bay bracket for mounting into a system
Our CFA835-TML is the exact same hardware, with graphic capabilities and direct access to the SD Card.
(Hardware 2.0, Firmware 1.3)
(Datasheet V 2012-02-03)
(Datasheet V 2012-10-12, Hardware 1v0, Firmware 0vB)
(Datasheet V 0v9 Preliminary, Hardware 0v9, Firmware 0v9)
(Hardware 1.7, Firmware 1.2)
(Hardware 1.3, Firmware 1.2)
|Characters x Lines||20 x 4|
|*depth doesn't include Keypad|
|Glass Type/Glass Color||STN/Blue|
|View Direction||12 o'clock|
|Supply Voltage for Logic Maximum||5.5V|
|Module Connector Pitch||2.54mm|