16x2 RS232 Character LCD
Part Number: CFA533-TFH-KS
This display has a serial interface with full swing RS232. This display is truly a front-panel solution, not just an LCD module. Designed to fit in a 1U server enclosure, it is by no means confined to one. This display can drive LEDs using the GPIOs provided, configure headless servers, or, with the right software, be a wired remote for your home theater PC.
It has four directional buttons, an enter (check) key, and cancel ('x') key. Instead of using a corruptible stream-based communication protocol, it uses a 16-bit CRC protected packet-based protocol to communicate with its host, meaning that line noise, environmental interference, etc., won't cause the display to start any process on your host unless it was actually initiated by a user. Because both the keypad and LCD are backlit, this display is great for low-light conditions.
The CFA533 is backward compatible with the CFA633 for its communication interface, but has added features such as 3.3v to 5v operating range, ability to change the keypad backlight brightness separately from the LCD backlight, a stainless steel bezel, and a single supply voltage for both logic and backlighting. Voltage compensated single-supply 3.3v to 5.5v operation allows the module to easily work with a wide variety of power supplies. The CFA533 is the logical progression for any application already using a CFA633, but not utilizing the CFA633 fan functionality. With all its features, this display is perfect for the display and user interface of your next project that requires an LCD and keypad without fan control.
- Wide power supply voltage range (VDD = +3.3v to +5.5v) is perfect for embedded systems.
- Contrast and backlights are fully compensated over the supply voltage range. No adjustments are needed to the contrast setting or backlight brightness over the full range of power supply input voltage.
- Only a single supply is needed.
- Robust packet based communications protocol with 16-bit CRC.
- Compact size: fits in a 1U rack mount case (35mm overall height).
- Advanced digital GPIO control with PWM output.
- Integrated LED backlit 6-button translucent silicon keypad with screened legend.
- Available in a 5.25" half-height LCD drive bay kit when adding to cart.
- ATX power supply control functionality allows the buttons on the CFA-533 to replace the "power" and "reset" buttons on your system, simplifying your front panel design
- Temperature monitoring: up to 32 channels at up to 0.5 deg C absolute accuracy. Ready-to-use WRDOWY17 Dallas Semiconductor 1-Wire temperature sensors are optional. Alternatively, you can create your own sensors using DS1822 or DS18B20 parts and the tutorial on creating temperature sensors.
- Non-volatile memory (EEPROM) capability: Customize the "power-on" display settings plus a 16-byte "scratch" register for storing IP, netmask, system serial number, etc.
- Sample applications and source code readily available: cfTest, CrystalControl2, and Linux Example Code.
Logic Level Serial
|Characters x Lines||16 x 2|
|*depth doesn't include Keypad|
|Glass Type/Glass Color||FSTN/Light Gray|
|View Direction||6 o'clock|
|Background Color||Light Gray|