16x2 Character LCD Module
Part Number: CFA533-YYH-KU
(Hardware 1.1, Firmware 1u1)
(Datasheet V 2.1, Hardware 1.0, Firmware u1.0)
(Datasheet V 2.0, Hardware 1.0, Firmware u1.0)
(Datasheet V 1.1, Hardware 0.1, Firmware u0.2)
(Datasheet V 1.0, Hardware 0.1, Firmware u0.2)
Looking for a USB compatible LCD with a keypad?
Our CFA-533 is the ideal solution when you need a highly readable USB character LCD and a keypad in one. This character display module integrates easily into both Windows ® & Linux devices.
The CFA-533 is an intelligent 16x2 character USB LCD with keypad. The USB interface allows you to easily connect the CFA-533 LCD to your host device using a USB cable. You can change the text displayed on the LCD, and read the keypad through the USB. The USB interface is implemented using a genuine FTDI FT232RL USB UART with rock-solid WHQL signed Windows drivers and is fully supported under Linux. The LCD's USB interface is exposed as a COM port, new software is easy to write and legacy applications are easy to support.
This CFA533-YYH variant shows crisp, dark letters against a yellow-green backlit background. The keypad is backlight in a matching yellow-green. Since the LCD is a backlit positive STN, the CFA533-YYH USB LCD is easily viewable in all lighting conditions, from direct sunlight to a completely dark room.
The CFA-533 solves your entire front panel requirements in one simple, proven device. The 2x16 LCD display allows showing critical error or status messages, and the keypad can be used to interact with the user, all over the single USB connection. The CFA-533 USB display fits easily in the front panel of a 1U appliance.
The CFA-533 USB LCD can also reset your system as well as power it on and off using its ATX power supply control functionality. This way the CFA-533 can replace the ubiquitous power and reset switches while cleaning up the front panel design and simplifying your BOM and assembly.
With the CFA-533 USB LCD, you also get the great (and free) support that Crystalfontz is known for.
- USB host interface controls the LCD and reads the keypad
- Compact size: fits in a 1U rack mount case (35mm overall height).
- Integrated 16x2 LED backlit character LCD.
- Integrated LED backlit 6-button translucent silicon keypad with screened legend.
- Advanced digital GPIO control with PWM output.
- Robust packet based communications protocol with CRC.
- Non-volatile memory (EEPROM): Set the "power-on" display screen, plus 16-bytes for storing IP, netmask, or system serial number.
- ATX power supply control functionality
- Temperature monitoring: up to 32 channels at up to 0.5 deg C absolute accuracy using WRDOWY17 DS18B20 temperature sensors.
- Available in a 5.25" half-height LCD drive bay kit when adding to cart.
- Sample applications and source code readily available: cfTest, CrystalControl2, and Linux Example Code.
|Characters x Lines||16 x 2|
|*depth doesn't include Keypad|
|Glass Type/Glass Color||STN/Yellow-Green|
|View Direction||6 o'clock|